Walk for Whiskers
Annual Walk For Whiskers! Saturday October 24th 2020
We are so excited for you to join us and celebrate all of the hard work you did through fundraising for the Humane Society’s homeless pets. On Saturday October 24th we will be walking at Mine Falls Park in Nashua. Registration will be between 10 am – 11 am, followed by starting the walk as soon as you’ve checked in. You will have your choice of a 3K and 5K route. Not to worry, this is not a race; it is a walk at your own pace for all ages, and dogs too. Once walkers return to the ‘Walk Village’ a grab and go lunch will be ready and waiting for those who have raised at least $200 per adult or $100 per child in walk pledges. At the ‘Walk Village’ there will be a Photo Booth, Ask the Vet or Trainer booth, and more! All walk pledges go towards supporting the pets in our care as they wait to be adopted into their forever homes Please consider being a fundraiser or starting a team at your organization, school, business, or family & friends. Contact our Director of Partnerships at 603-889-2275 x35 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how to get started.
Sign up HERE
Click HERE to view our fundraising tips!
Enjoy pictures from our recent walk.
This year things look a little bit different. We want to ensure the health and safety of our staff, volunteers, pets, and YOU! So here are some updated protocols and changes we will be enforcing this year.
- Masks will be required. Please wear your mask throughout the registration process, and when you are enjoying our “Walk Village”.
- If you qualify for a lunch, we will be offering individually packaged grab and go options.
- You must register for the walk ahead of time, even if you just plan to walk and not fundraise, you must register online prior to October 24th. Please Register here.
- We have limited space this year so make sure you register early. We can only accommodate 125 walkers.
- We will have multiple hand washing stations available to you, and ask that you please wash your hands often.
- There will be no Halloween Com-paw-tition this year, and no raffle. We were saddened to make this decision, but felt it was in the best interest of our staff, volunteers and walkers.
- We will be requiring social distancing, please keep a distance of 6 feet between you and other walkers, when within 6 ft of another walker, please make sure you wear your mask.