Puppy or Dog Basics 101:
- Six week classes are taught by our Manager of Behavior and Training, Debi Ford.
- We offer small class sizes, with a limit of 3 in Dog Basics 101 and 3 in Puppy Class.
- Courses will teach basic skills to provide a solid behavioral foundation including: come, sit, stay, settle, loose leash walking, and more.
- Classes are taught with positive reinforcement and science-based learning — committed to building a better relationship between dogs and their people.
- Coursework will encourage creativity and fun (Puppy Class will include supervised puppy play for socialization).
- Classes are held at our facility at 24 Ferry Road in Nashua.
- Classes recently started but please contact us as we’re always scheduling our next sessions!
Dog Basics 101 will be held on Tuesday evenings from 5pm to 6pm and 7pm to 8pm — Thursday evenings from 5pm to 6pm and 7pm to 8pm.
Puppy Class will be held on Saturday mornings from 10am to 11am.
- Cost is $110 for a 6 week course.
- A special discounted rate of $100 available for Humane Society adopters and alumni!
- Private training lessons are available at $50 per hour.
*Please note that proof of up-to-date rabies vaccine is required to sign up.
For more information or to register for an upcoming training class, please contact our Manager of Behavior & Training, Debi Ford at 603-889-2275 x38 or send her an email:email@example.com.
Introducing our Manager of Behavior and Training:
Debi Ford is a dog trainer certified by the Council of Certified Professional Dog Trainers. This requires proof of training experience as well as passing a stringent exam focused on the science of dog behavior. Debi is also a licensed Family Dog Mediator, shelter division, which is an ethology-based approach to dogs. She graduated from the Victoria Stillwell Academy of Training and Behavior in 2019 and Michael Shikashio’s Master Course in Aggression In 2022. She also completed Susan Freidman’s LLA course based in learning theory and behavior analysis as well as the Absolute Dogs Pro Dog Trainer Course based in concept training and games.
She has 11 years experience in working with shelter dogs and currently lives with her two dogs Harry and Dewey. A retail manager and training manager for many years, Debi has shifted her focus entirely to pursuing her passion for helping shelter dogs with in-shelter struggles and helping people better understand their four legged co-pilots.