How Kids Can Help
There are lots of opportunities for kids who are not old enough to volunteer in the shelter so they can still help HSFN pets.
Here are just a few ideas:
- Participate in our Writing to Rescues program.
- Check out our YouTube channel for some fun follow-along craft and educational videos!
- Have a birthday party for our pets! Visit our Shelter Wish List page and ask friends and family to bring items from our list to your party for our pets. Once you have all of the donations collected stop by the shelter to drop them off, visit our pets, and have your photo taken for us to post on our social media (with parents’ permission)!
- Organize a food drive; our pets always need food!
- Ask your class, Boy Scout or Girl Scout Troop to fundraise and collect donations for shelter pets. We even had this list of activates and projects you can do too! Please email Katie Boyden for more information and be sure to let us know when you’ll come by with your donations.
- Talk to your local grocery or convenience store and ask if they would save their empty soda flats for you to collect. The shelter needs these boxes for litter boxes, and we need a lot of them, especially during kitten season in the Spring and Summer.
- Volunteer as a family at one of our Tag Day events at Market Basket in the spring or fall or at one of our signature fall fundraising events. Click here for information on our upcoming events.
- Most importantly, encourage your family to come visit our shelter and consider adopting a rescue pet!
Remember, these are just a few ideas and there are many, many more ways to help! We are happy to come up with a custom project for kids and teens looking to help out our pets awaiting adoption! Contact Katie at (603) 889-2275 ext. 36 or by email to get started today.