Canine Care / Adoption Counselor – Part Time Position
Humane Society for Greater Nashua is looking for an experienced, knowledgeable, and motivated person to add to our Animal Care Staff in our Dog Room. You will be responsible for all the daily care our dogs need while in our shelter.
Part-time positions (approximately 30 hours a week) Schedule: Thursday & Friday 7:00 am to 5:30 pm and Saturday 7:00 am to 4:30 pm. Applicant must be able to stay longer when the animal population is high. Occasional vacation coverage when needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cleans and sanitizes animal kennels for disease control.
- Provides animals with food, water, bedding and medication on a regular basis.
- Observes animals and reports any signs of illness or behavioral problems.
- Talk with potential adopters & finalize adoptions
- Provide high quality customer service, interacting with clients in person, over the phone, and through email communications, and assist with a variety of customer needs.
- Experience handling dogs is preferred
- Physical energy, enthusiasm for our mission; teamwork habits
- Ability to work with numerous distractions
- Self-starter; helpful to coworkers
- Punctual and dependable with reliable transportation
- No allergies to any animals
- Strong customer service skills
- Works in an area with a high noise level.
- Frequent exposure to and handling of industrial cleaning supplies
- Occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs. with reasonable accommodation.
- Frequent walking, bending and stooping in kennel areas.
- Subject to animal bites and scratches.
Send a resume and cover letter to: Becky@hsfn.org
Visit the Humane Society for Greater Nashua, located at 24 Ferry Rd, Nashua, NH 03064
Please visit during our open hours, Mon-Fri 12pm-5pm or Sat-Sun 10am-4pm. The shelter is closed on Wednesdays. Complete an application and attach resume and leave with our receptionist.
Applicants of interest will be contacted for an interview; no phone calls please.
General Labor/Maintenance – Part Time Position
Part-time General Labor/Maintenance person needed at Humane Society for Greater Nashua, NH. Duties include building maintenance and outside work.
Duties include but not limited to:
Building Maintenance – provide maintenance services as needed and/or assigned; assisting in a wide variety of maintenance activities; addressing immediate operational and/or safety concerns and cleaning.
Snow Removal – Responsible for the removal of snow and ice from all walkways, door entrances and trails. Work schedule will vary with weather conditions and requires you to be available nights and early mornings if needed.
Grounds keeping – Outside area cleanup as needed, tree trimming, maintaining walking trails and dump runs.
Schedule: Flexible/As Needed for task to be completed and weather permitting.
Please call Jessica Carson directly with any questions 603-889-2275 x22 regarding this position. If interested in this position please come in and fill out an application and/or send resume to email@example.com