1/2 the Walk! 1/2 the Price! Dog Days of Summer – A Virtual Kick off to Walk for Whiskers
You can start your very own fundraising walk for the Humane Society for Greater Nashua. Walk, bike, hike (with or without your dog) anytime, anywhere. Track your miles and be entered into an exclusive raffle. Save your last 3 miles and walk with us at the Walk for Whiskers Celebration on October 24.
All virtual walkers will have a waived registration fee for the Walk to Whiskers event on October 24th!
Questions? Click Here to check out this helpful document or Call Katie at 603.889.2275 ext. 36 or Email Katie@hsfn.org
Tracking Your Miles
- Use the form sent in our weekly emails to submit your miles!
- Use whichever tracking device/app works best for you!
- Send us an update every Friday which includes the total miles walked the week prior.
- Fill out the form each week and our ‘mile monitor’ will make sure all your miles and raffle entries are entered!
- Results will be celebrated weekly through an exclusive email and our social channels
- Check out the Route HSFN will be taking HERE
- For every mile you walk – you earn an entry into an exclusive raffle
- Raffle winners will be announced at Walk for Whiskers on October 24th
- You don’t have to be present at Walk for Whiskers for the pulling of the winning ticket
- This will be as of how many miles walked by October 18 (last Monday of the challenge)
Be a Fundraiser!
- Sign up for fundraising for Walk for Whiskers! Click Here to view our fundraising tips!
- Fundraising can begin as soon as you register so you get a major head start this year!
- Registration fee applies if you are signing up as only a fundraiser
- Fundraiser on your own or create a team!!
- Eligible to earn Walk for Whiskers swag and a free lunch (standard minimums apply)
Frequently Asked Questions
If I Choose to participate in the Virtual Walk can I also be a fundraiser?
Do I have to use a special app or device?
If it is helpful you can print out this sheet and track your miles that way!
Who can be on my team?
Where can I walk?
Do other physical activities contribute to my miles walked?
Do I have to walk with a dog?
What do I do when I have completed my goal and walked the length of NH?
How do I know how far a mile is?
To help you measure, it takes about 30 minutes for a 9-year-old to walk a mile. Adults walk about 3 miles per hour. Younger kids might take a little longer, and older kids might finish a mile faster than that. Another way for kids to tell how far they’re walking is to choose a few different routes – to a friend’s house, to school, or around the block – and ask an adult to measure the distance in the car. Don’t forget to double it if you walk back home the same way.