There are lots of opportunities for kids who are not old enough to volunteer in the shelter so they can still help HSFN pets.
Here are just a few ideas:
- Have a birthday party for our pets! Visit our Shelter Wish List page and ask friends and family to bring items from our list to your party for our pets. Once you have all of the donations collected stop by the shelter to drop them off, visit our pets, and have your photo taken!
- Organize a food drive; our pets always need food!
- Ask your class, Boy Scout or Girl Scout Troop to fundraise and collect donations for shelter pets. You can even make pet beds and toys for our animals as a project too! Please email Noelle Schuyler for more information, and to schedule a tour of our shelter when you drop off your donations. Note: tours are on Wednesdays only, when the shelter is otherwise closed to the public.
- Talk to your local grocery or convenience store and ask if they would save their empty soda flats for you to collect. The shelter needs these boxes for litter boxes, and we need a lot of them, especially during kitten season in the Spring and Summer.
- Volunteer as a family at one of our Tag Day events or at one of our signature fundraising events. Click here for information on our upcoming events.
- Come back to volunteer at the Humane Society for Greater Nashua when you are 16.
- Most importantly, encourage your family to come visit our shelter and consider adopting a rescue pet!
Remember, these are just a few ideas and there are many, many more ways to help! Contact Noelle at (603) 889-2275 ext. 35 or by email to get started today.
Read Our guest blog for Triangle Credit Union about how kids can help our pets, including links to toys you can make at home for our pets awaiting adoption.