HSFN is a thriving animal shelter serving the 16 communities of Greater Nashua, consisting of over 216,000 people and their pets.
Our services include:
- Animal Surrender of stray pets found in local neighborhood or owned pets when a family can no longer care for the pet due to loss of jobs, income, home, illness or death of the pet’s owner. For more information about surrendering a pet, please click here.
- Pet Adoptions –We are the destination locally to adopt a new dog, cat, kitten, puppy, or “small” animal which include ferrets, rabbits, hamsters, guinea pigs, or reptiles. To see our adoptable pets, please click here for more information.
- Dog Transport Program – Currently in its 8th year and going strong. Over 4,000 transport dogs and puppies have been adopted from HSFN. This life-saving program is a partnership between our shelter and shelters/rescue groups in Mississippi, North Carolina and Texas. These dogs would likely be euthanized if they had stayed in those shelters due to overcrowding. To see our dogs currently available for adoption, please click here.
- Low Cost Vaccine Clinics – We host a low cost clinic every Wednesday for owned cats and dogs whether they need a single vaccine or a full set of vaccines. Preventative medicines will also be available for purchase. For more information, click here.
- Low Cost Spay/Neuter Clinic – Held every other Tuesday at our facility owners are welcome to schedule an appointment for their pet. At this time we are only providing spay/neuter services for male and female cats and male dogs. For more information, click here.
- Dog Training – Classes for both puppies and adult are held at our facility and are small providing very personalized training. There is a discount if the dog was adopted from our shelter. For more information, click here.
- Cremation and Burial Services – Families may work with our cemetery coordinator for the private cremation of their pet or choose burial in Proctor Animal Cemetery, located on our shelter property. Please click here for more information.