Cat/ Small Animal Care Staff — part-time position available.
This position focuses on small animal care and adoptions, primarily for cats and rabbits, but many include other “smalls” such as birds, hamsters, guinea pigs, rats, etc. Part-time hours, approximately 32 hours per week. Sunday, Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain a clean & safe environment for people & pets
- Talk with potential adopters about our pets and finalize adoptions
- Comfortable around unknown animals; some knowledge of basic animal behavior
- An outgoing and friendly demeanor; ability to engage visitors through the adoption process in a professional manner
- Physical energy, ability to stand for long periods; teamwork habits
- Ability to work with numerous distractions
- Self-starter; helpful to coworkers
- Punctual and dependable with reliable transportation
- No allergies to any animals
- Works in an area with a high noise level Frequent high noise levels
- Frequent exposure to and handling of industrial cleaning supplies
- Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs. with reasonable accommodation
- Frequent standing, walking, bending and stooping
- Subject to animal bites and scratches
- Exposure to typical animal waste
- Please note this is a non-smoking property
HOW TO APPLY
- Please can email your resume and cover letter to Becky Longval at email@example.com
- Drop it off during our open hours — M, T, Th, Fri noon to 5pm and Sat/Sun 10am to 4pm. The shelter is closed on Wednesdays.
- Applicants of interest will be contacted for an interview; no phone calls please.