Animal Care / Adoption Counselor – Part Time Position
The Humane Society for Greater Nashua is looking for an experienced, knowledgeable, and motivated person to add to our Animal Care Staff in working with our dogs. You will be responsible for all the daily care our dogs need while with us.
Part-time position, approximately 30 hours a week, and staff must be able to stay longer when the animal population is high.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Cleans and sanitizes animal kennels for disease control.
– Provides animals with food, water, bedding and medication on a regular basis.
– Observes animals and reports any signs of illness or behavioral problems.
– Talk with potential adopters & finalize adoptions
– Provide high quality customer service, interacting with clients in person, over the phone, and through email communications, and assist with a variety of customer needs.
– Experience handling dogs is preferred
– Physical energy, enthusiasm for our mission; teamwork habits
– Ability to work with numerous distractions
– Self-starter; helpful to coworkers
– Punctual and dependable with reliable transportation
– No allergies to any animals
– Strong customer service skills
– Works in an area with a high noise level.
– Frequent exposure to and handling of industrial cleaning supplies
– Occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs. with reasonable accommodation.
– Frequent walking, bending and stooping in kennel areas.
– Subject to animal bites and scratches.
HOW TO APPLY
– Email a resume and cover letter to Becky Longval by emailing Becky@hsfn.org, Director of Animal Care Services
– Visit the Humane Society for Greater Nashua, located at 24 Ferry Rd, Nashua, NH 03064
– Please visit during our open hours, Mon-Fri 12pm-5pm or Sat-Sun 10am-4pm. The shelter is closed on Wednesdays. Complete an application and attach resume and leave with our receptionist.
Applicants of interest will be contacted for an interview; no phone calls please.