We currently have three open positions. Please review the job descriptions below and how to apply.
- Director of Veterinary Services
- Assistant Director of Development & Marketing
- Veterinary Technician
Assistant Director of Development & Marketing
Description: Assists with the planning, development and implementation of all fund raising and marketing activities for the organization based on a formalized fund development program and marketing strategy. Supports as needed all of the activities of the development department. The position promotes the organization within the community to ensure a broad base of fund raising resources.
Reports to: Director of Development and Marketing
Hours: Part-time 30-32 hours per week. This position requires some evenings and weekends for meetings and events.
Responsibilities: include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist and support the Director of Marketing and Development as needed including event planning/management, corporate sponsorships, and donor relationships
- Manage all gift processing and donor acknowledgement letters in Raiser’s Edge ensuring information is handled timely with great attention to accuracy and privacy. Also generate reports, mailing lists, data analysis as requested.
- Write and submit all press releases for fundraising events, funding opportunities, weekly “Pets of the Week,” and community clinics or community events
- Post Humane Society (HSFN) fundraising events and community clinics on local event calendar websites and on HSFN blog
- Manage and monitor HSFN’s social media presence
- Write, design and send weekly email newsletters and e-vites
- Represent the organization publicly in person as needed
- Manage all smaller fundraising events and be the primary contact for all community fundraising events
- Work with Director of Volunteer Resources in partnership to ensure coverage of fundraising events
- Manage all requests for community tours and school inquiries
- Provide day to day management of data entry volunteers and college interns if applicable
Skills, Abilities and Experience
- Dedication to and love for animals and their people
- Willingness to work around a wide variety of animal species in a safe manner
- Effective communication skills and congenial attitude, as well as the ability to engage donors, customers, board members and volunteers both in person and on the phone
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills, the ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks
- Experience with software including Excel, Word, Publisher, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge donor database software, as well as processing on-line donations
- Physical requirements include bending, walking stairs and working outside during events
- A minimum of three years experience in fundraising and marketing
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
How to Apply
- Please email your resume to Laurie Dufault, Director of Development & Marketing