Groundskeeper at the Humane Society for Greater Nashua and Proctor Pet Cemetery
This position is responsible for all aspects of grounds maintenance. Landscaping, grass cutting, tree removal, trail repairs, snow removal, burials and memorial installation, facilities maintenance. This is a part-time position up to 20 hours a week, days and hours may vary. To apply, please email your resume to Jessica Carson.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge and skill in landscape, gardening, irrigation, and operational maintenance of ground and facility; including the use of equipment to complete duties; ability to maintain and repair property and make minor repair to equipment/tools.
- Skill in planning, coordinating and scheduling grounds activities and cemetery operations
- Skill in communication; including English proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing. Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) proficiency a plus
- Skill in oversight of community service workers and volunteers
- Ability to provide customer service and work with others staff, assisting where neededEssential Functions – Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs general grounds keeping work such as planting, fertilizing, trimming and pruning shrubs and trees; mows, edges and waters lawn areas; rakes, sweeps and picks up rubbish, flowers and containers.
- Operates riding and push mowers, power equipment such as edger’s, trimmers, blowers, sweepers, chain saws, tractors, backhoes, and trucks.
- Maintains power equipment and tools; cleans, oils, and sharpens clippers, mowers and other equipment; assists in making minor repairs to tools and equipment.
- Grave preparation duties which include; digging graves, preparing site for funeral services.
- Funeral preparation & post tasks include; positioning the casket, lowering the caskets, back fill dirt
- Performs general grounds maintenance work such as collecting trash, removing tree stumps, and performing concrete work when setting markers.
- Provides maintenance and cleaning of cemetery buildings and equipment as instructed.
- Periodically observes ongoing grounds keeping work performed by community service worker, volunteers, or others to ascertain if work is being performed according to instructions and will be completed on schedule.
- Assist as necessary for special fundraising events.
- May be required to perform other related duties as assigned by the Director of Administration and/or Proctor Cemetery Coordinator.
- Valid state issued driver’s licenses in good standing with reliable vehicle
- Education: High School Diploma, GED or any combination of training and experience which provides the knowledge and experience listed above.
- Experience: related work experience in landscaping and equipment experience, ride on lawn mower, with snow blower attachment, push mowers/snow blowers, weed whackers and chain saws.
- Physical requirements: able to lift over 100lbs, stand for prolonged periods of time, able to work with deceased animals, able to mow, rake, trim and shovel for prolonged periods of time.